|Elizabeth eagerly awaiting afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason's St. James's Restaurant on Thursday.|
|Beautiful place-setting, although we're still not sure what the odd-shaped fork is used for.|
- 5 times I poured the loose-leaf tea into my cup without using the strainer.
- 3 times I spilled tea on the tablecloth.
- 2 sugar cubes dropped on the table.
- 1 sugar cube dropped on the floor.
- 1 question to the waitress about how to eat our soup (Answer: drink it straight from the cup).
- 1 somewhat subtle photo session.
|The view of bustling Picadilly below our window.|
The tea and the food were absolutely delicious. You can see the menu here (since I know Gena Kittner Luecke will ask; review the options for "Afternoon Tea"). Every course was excellent, but the best thing we ate by far was these blueberry mousse puffs, which you can see on the top of the tray. Ryan's comment after eating his half of this crunchy, sugary delight: "It's exactly how I imagine crystal meth would taste."
|Ryan was an amazing sport during the entire process. It helped that the food was so delicious.|