Saturday, May 19, 2018

Surprisingly sunny Scotland

This year's trip has an added wrinkle - Ryan and I are taking separate excursions for the Scotland leg of the trip.

I have joined some friends for an Outlander themed tour, while Ryan is hiking, photographing, and talking to strangers in pubs to his heart's content.

That meant I spent Thursday in Edinburgh, and I got to see some beautiful sites that I missed during our 2012 trip because it poured down rain all three days.

I also was surprised to learn that Edinburgh is built around two extinct volcanoes, at Castle Rock (site of Edinburgh Castle) and Arthur's Seat (a peak that towers over Holyrood House).



Below are some sunny shots from Calton Hill and Victoria Street (supposedly the inspiration for Diagon Alley in the Harry Potter series).






And for contrast, here was our shot of the Scottish parliament in 2012:







No comments:

Post a Comment